Forum rules - please read before posting.

BUG maybe: ActionList Editor keeps deleting Action connections when i close Unity

Hi,

i have the latest version of AC 1.69.0 and Unity 2019.3.0a3.

I have created a few puzzles with actions using AC and ActionList Editor on a Demo scene to play around.
When i close Unity and launch it back the next day, i go play and find out that some puzzles are broken.

After a few days of frustration, trying to understand what is going on i realized that some lines of the connections in the ActionList Editor are deleted / missing and also they get connected elsewhere on their own and some Actions parameters change object name and values too. It's like someone is joking badly with me :-)
When that happens usually the actionList boxes show on top of each other on top left, messed up. Not all action boxes but some...

The thing is that every time i launch Unity, i have to play my Demo Scene, see which puzzles are broken, go fix the ActionList connections and move on.
But now that things are becoming more complicated i can't do this anymore.

I think that "maybe" the problem is fixed (kind of) only when i click "Auto-arrange" not always though, but i don't want Auto Arrange. I want my actions list all spread out and nicely organized.

Any idea of what might be wrong?

Thank you

Comments

• i added here a screenshot of the issue.

https://imgur.com/jwVxMFs

• Are these ActionList assets, or scene-based ActionLists? Are you relying on any custom Actions?

I shall attempt a recreation, but you should not be using AC with an alpha version of Unity. 2019.3 is not yet officially released, and as such is not supported. This may very well be an issue caused by Unity itself.

• Hi, sorry i didn't know about the Alpha versions.
    I'll do some tests with the Latest Official Release 2019.2.4f1 and let you know too.

They are scene-based ActionLists only.
    No custom actions.

Thx

• I can confirm that the problem was the Alpha version after all, my mistake.
    I recreated everything on a stable version 2019.2.5f1 and all works great.

Thank you