Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interaction with gamepad, not with "interaction menú"

hello there! How I can to assign input key for gamepad without using an interaction menu?
I want to approach the hotspot and use an input key in the gamepad to interact with it.

how I will have to configure it?

Comments

• You'll need to use a combination of collision boxes and Active inputs.

Chris has some good tutorials which include both these methods. Check the descriptions for timecode breakdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWyYGvoXc2ICiyu1suSQFvQ

• No need for anything so complex. If you're using a gamepad, set your Settings Manager's Input method set to Keyboard Or Controller.

When set to this, interactions are invoked via the "InteractionA" input - which are the gamepad equivalent of left-mouse clicks when it's instead set to Mouse And Keyboard.

For more on this, see the Manual's "Keyboard or controller input".

If you're looking to just have a one-button interface, set your Interaction method to Context Sensitive. This is the same interface that the 3D Demo uses, only with a mouse cursor.

While AC can simulate the cursor when using a gamepad, I'm guessing that you don't want to have a cursor and simpy auto-select Hotspots based on their proximity to the player. For this, you want to set the Settings Manager's Hotspot detection method to Player Vicinity. This'll require you to also set up a Hotspot Detector on your player prefab. For details on this, see the Manual's "Player-vicinity detection" chapter as well as this tutorial.

• thank you for your time, I will try all your tips :)