Forum rules - please read before posting.

Button Press to pickup item

I was just wondering is it possible to press a button such as an f while hovered over that hotspot item to pick it up. I'm doing an FPS Game thats why I am asking because the cursor gets locked in the center I don't want to keep on unlocking cursor and pausing the gameplay all the time.

Comments

• The "InteractionA" input is equivalent to a left-mouse click. If you map that to the "f" key in Unity's Input Manager, then that can be used to run a Hotspot interaction.

• Thank you i havent implemented everything yet but will try that. I actually had no idea about that. So was wondering what if you have more than 1 hotspot around would it only do the hotspot your hovering over or all of them. Only want that hotspot im hovering over to do an use interaction.

• edited September 2019

If your Hotspot detection method is set to Cursor Position then the Hotspot you're hovering over will be activated - even if the cursor is locked in the screen's centre.

• Thank you, Chris, I will try that.

• Sorry for revisiting this post I have made this work with the f key but how would I be able to disable the left and right-clicking over a hotspot because I can set the use off still by left-clicking which I don't want. I did see an option in the settings to turn this off but then I don't get the left-clicking in the menus. So is there a way to get the left-clicking back when a menu is activated.

• I am also using opsive controller so the player constrain and engine manage systems don't work with it. The engine manage systems I thought is what I needed though.

• Uncheck Left and right mouse clicks have default functionality? in the Settings Manager to only interact with the InteractionA / InteractionB buttons.

• You still can't interact with menus if I uncheck that as I said on the above post so it doesn't work in my favor because I still need the left-clicking to select options on a menu.

• InteractionA should work as a replacement to the mouse click for AC-rendered Menus.

1. What are your AC and Unity version numbers?
    2. Are your Menus rendered with Unity UI or AC? If Unity UI, the default Submit button is used to interact with them.
    3. What are your full "Interaction settings" in the Settings Manager? Try switching your Input Method to Keyboard Or Controller.
  • yeah I didn't want it as a replacement I just wanted to do a different interaction on a hotspot and still use my mouse for menus. I ended up changing my interaction type to hotspot then interaction since I can put a different input on each interaction so for eg: Q is examine and E is take and so on which works like a charm.