Forum rules - please read before posting.

Preloading multiple scenes at once

Hey everybody,

I am using the adventure creator V 1.67.2 and Unity 2018.3.8f1 and I ran into a problem preloading scenes asynchronously. I used to work with one big scene and decided to split it up in multiple rooms, so I wouldn't use as much memory and processing power anymore. There are no cross scene references, no Don't Destroy on Load Objects (except for the persistent engine of course) everything is stored in Scriptable objects and every scene just contains what is necessary.

But since the scenes aren't exactly tiny by definition, I wanted to preload the ones the player can enter next to save on loading time between screens. This worked perfectly fine with just one scene preloaded but crashes the entire game when preloading multiple scenes and then entering one of them. No error message, nothing, just getting stuck in switching scene.

I am using ActionLists onStart for each scene preloading the next ones, and AC_Triggers with BoxColliders to switch the scene (also setting a new Default playerstart at first, then switching).

Every scene consists of the most basic AC setup (Cameras, Player, Playerstarts, GameEngine) and some of my personal monobehaviour, none of which interact with the AC.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments