Forum rules - please read before posting.

Turn off Highlight script on the certain objects?

edited November 2019 in Technical Q&A

Hi Chris:)

My input FlashHotspots is activated, so when I press Space button all my objects that have Highlight script are flashing and show some nice icon (really cool function to show all interactions in the scene as a hint). I have quite a lot of hotspots and for some purposes I need to teleport a few of them out off the scene (where camera will not see them) but leave them to be turned on. In the same time I don't want to flash objects that are associated with these hotspots anymore when I press Space button. I know that I can simply turn off hotspots to do this but I really need to leave these hotspots to be turned on.

Is there a way how to turn off Highlight script on the certain objects and back it again when you need it?

Comments

• You can connect/disconnect a Highlight component from its Hotspot through script by modifying the Hotspot's highlight variable.

Example script, attached to the Hotspot:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class HotspotHighlightConnector : MonoBehaviour
    {

private Hotspot hotspot;
        private Highlight highlight;

private void OnEnable ()
        {
            hotspot = GetComponent <Hotspot>();
            highlight = GetComponent <Highlight>();
        }

private void OnDisable ()
        {
            Connect ();
        }

public void Connect ()
        {
            if (hotspot) hotspot.highlight = highlight;
        }

public void Disconnect ()
        {
            if (hotspot) hotspot.highlight = null;
        }

}

You could then use the Object: Call event Action to call this script's Connect and Disconnect functions when appropriate.

• edited November 2019

Thank you Chris, working perfect!!! <3