Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Bug] AC 1.70.4 not gathering speech, hotspots and custom lines for translation

edited February 2020 in Engine development

I've engineered a component for a kind of custom hotspot mouseover, which shows different text depending on which playable character is being used. I've included a translatability aspect to it using the example file, and went to gather the text to see if it was working - unfortunately, the gathering seems to have skipped over several types of text - hotspots, speech and custom text.

Menu elements, inventory items and documents have been gathered and assigned numbers, so I decided to test my script in a different project that still has AC 1.70.2 installed - the gather was a success in here, with all lines of text (including my custom mouseover) assigned a line number, and appearing in the list in the speech menu.

Shall I wait for an update, or have I missed a setting that might be causing the gather to skip over certain elements? "Translatable Text Types" is currently set to everything, and when I limit it to the kinds of things it's currently overlooking, it just returns with 0 lines.

Many thanks!

Comments

• edited February 2020

Sounds serious - I will look into this presently. Thanks for the report.

What "text type" are you gathering in your iTranslatable implementation? And what of any Hotspots etc that were previously gathered - are they no longer listed in the Speech Manager?

• The text type I'm gathering in my implementation is TextType.Custom, since I've pretty much just adapted the example code.

It's the first time that I've gathered things in this project (this one was started from scratch yesterday, using the 1.70.4 version from the start), so there aren't any previous hotspots that were gathered before which are now not being included.

Just ran a test on a completely empty project, nothing in there except AC and a scene with a hotspot - once again, the gather has not picked up on it.

• edited February 2020

And the scene is added to the Build Settings?

Sorry to ask something obvious, but I can't recreate such an issue - Hotspots and Speech lines are both being gathered on my end.

It does at least sound like the issue is scene-related, since Docs, Menu items etc are all scene-independent. What about e.g. Speech lines contained in Inventory item Interaction assets?

• Yep, turns out it was me being daft. Adding scene to the build has fixed the issue.

Thank you!