Forum rules - please read before posting.

Subtitles fade out & in again if the same speaker is talking twice

I encountered an interesting thing!

If a character talks over seperate actions (but still right after each other) the subtitle will fade out and fade in (or pan, zoom, or whatever transition you used) again before showing the 2nd part of the subtitles.
If you switch off any transition(so, basically "none") it will still flicker for a fraction of a second

Is there a way to have a character talk over multiple actions and force the subtitle-graphics to stay on screen until those actions are done and all the text has been played?

Comments

• In which version of AC?  Also, is there any delay at all in between the two Actions?
  • edited September 2016
    Ah sorry!
    Last version I tested it with was 1.53d.
    Also, there is nothing inbetween, just to "Dialogue: Play speech" actions after each other.

I feel like I missed something in the speech manager.
    Here is my setup for the action and for the speech manager.
    Right now, in the actions I have an expression tag, but the fade in & fade out inbetween speech actions also happens without the tags.
  • Try inserting a [continue] tag at the end of the first line, or giving it a negative Wait time offset value.  Both of these methods should cause the next line to run slightly sooner, which may negate the effect.
  • You pointed me in the right direction! Thanks!
    I found a solution

tl;dr:
    put [wait][continue] at the end of the line

A negative Wait time offset sadly don't change anything in my situation. At first I thought it would fix it (used several values) but it turned out that the length of the flicker varies, and sometimes it also changes instantly

With [continue] at the end of the first action, the flicker/fadein&fadeout won't happen. However, it also ignores to keep the text on screen until the player skips it. As soon as the scroll reaches the end, it will go right to the next speech action.

So I looked at other tokens, where I saw [wait].
    If I put in [wait] right before [continue] it does exactly what I want it to do:

Text appears, it stops at wherever I put [wait] (which I do at the end of the line) and will continue whenever I skipp it. It then goes straight to [continue] which now skips through the next speech line.