Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Feature Request] Optional saving/loading of open subscenes

Hey, would it be possible to add a checkbox in some settings that ignores open subscenes when saving/loading? And maybe carry out the subscene loading, to load them after the primary scene? Since now primary scene gets queued to load later than the subscene, because subscenes get loaded with player data loading and main scene gets loaded after that.

Comments

• Are you sure?  The call to load in the main scene occurs before the call to load in sub-scenes via the SaveSystem's _OnLevelWasLoaded method.  In what situation are you loading the scenes?

About ignoring open subscenes - what would be the purpose?  Are you looking to avoid data about the scenes themselves (e.g. local variable changes) or just which sub-scenes are present?
  • I use intermediate loading screen (through the AC provided method), maybe that has something to do with the order things get loaded in?

I'm looking to ignore only the presence of subscenes, since I prefer always loading subscenes on demand and since they serialize/deserialize themselves on add/remove/savegame no relevant data would be lost, developer would just have an option for more granular control of content loaded in a single batch when loading a save file.