Forum rules - please read before posting.

Using Object > Fade Sprite action on instantiated Players

Hi, the Object > Fade Sprite action is very convinent in fading sprite in and out. But it doesn't have an option to fade the instantiated player sprite (AC 1.72.4). I tried to make a custom action for this by modifying the ActionSpriteFade.cs script, but I don't know how to assign KickStarter.player.spriteChild.GetComponent() to runtimeSpriteFader.

Is there some lines of code I can add to ActionSpriteFade.cs to fade the player sprite?

Comments

• I don't know how to assign KickStarter.player.spriteChild.GetComponent() to runtimeSpriteFader.

Try this:

runtimeSpriteFader = KickStarter.player.spriteChild.GetComponent<SpriteFader> ();

• I tried adding that to the beginning of Run() but it doesn't work:

public override float Run()
            {
                runtimeSpriteFader = KickStarter.player.spriteChild.GetComponent<SpriteFader>();

if (runtimeSpriteFader == null)
                {
                    return 0f;
                }

if (!isRunning)
                {
                    isRunning = true;

runtimeSpriteFader.Fade(fadeType, fadeSpeed);

if (willWait)
                    {
                        return fadeSpeed;
                    }
                }
                else
                {
                    isRunning = false;
                }

return 0f;
            }

I have changed the file name to ActionPlayerSpriteFade.cs to avoid crashing with the original ActionSpriteFade.cs. And I am using AC 1.72.4. Any other changes needed?

• If the SpriteFader component is on the active Player's Sprite Child, that should be enough - provided you're using the modified Action and not the original.

Did you duplicate the Action with a new Title and install it as a custom Action?

• It works! I forgot about the sprite fader component during testing.