Forum rules - please read before posting.

Switch characters: strange issue

Hi everyone,
AC 1.72.4 + Unity 2020.2.1f1 on a 2d game.

I'm triyng to switch between two characters: in settings I put the default player and player 1 (for the test i duplicate the prefab). The switch is ok when I make it between two scenes or in the same scene but always with "Replace old player's position?" checked.

Now I'd like to test the switch between two different characters in the same scene: for example to switch from the main character and to another. My first test wat to put the second prefab (second character) in scene, I created a simple hotspot and attached the player/switch action but without the check "Replace old player's position?". In my mind I thought I can change from one to other, but with this option checked che camera becomes black and I can see only the cursor (no hotspots or other elements).
Is there a way to perform it correctly? Without solve this issue I can't make another variant.

Other variant: the switch works between characters I set on setting menu, right? If I want to switch between the main character and an NPC and viceversa (in the same scene), what's the right workflow? Do I have to create the NPC in scene, then create a prefab from this, put in on the list and then switch or is there another way?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• When Player-switching is enabled, AC will handle the presence of all Player characters - don't rely on NPC equivalents, or instances of the prefabs placed in the scene.

A tutorial on the Player-switching workflow can be found here.

• Thank you very much. With prefab and inactive player it seems to work as I want.