Forum rules - please read before posting.

Not able to create a NavMesh

Hi.
First of all let me tell you that this form is not working fine. It doesn't show the button of OK in img, and the link doesn't work with the url I entered, so I left here the url of imgur if first link doesn't work.

https://imgur.com/a/rLWeVh0
https://imgur.com/a/rLWeVh0

I am new in Unity and I having troubles while trying to build my game.
As you see in the screenshot I'm not able to create a NavMesh. It doesn't show up the button Create beside NavMesh as it is shown in the 2d Tutorial you have available. Also if I try to do it my right clicking >>Adventure Creator >>2d>>Navigation >> NavMesh, it doesn't create anything.
Also I don't know why it says "This pathfinding method is only compatible with Unity 2d", I have already created a 2d project.

Comments

• edited March 2021

Welcome to the community, @nht.

AC has it's own "Camera perspective" setting that is separate to Unity's "2D/3D" option when creating a new project. This allows for multiple AC games to exist in a single Unity project, and for a single AC game to have multiple perspectives.

From your screenshot, it looks like your AC game is set to be in 3D - hence the warning message.

To fix this, go to your Settings Manager, scroll down to "Camera settings", and set the "Camera perspective" setting to 2D. It would also be best to start over with the scene, since AC will set up a scene differently depending on this setting.

However, given the filename of your Scene Manager in your screenshot, it looks like you didn't use the New Game Wizard to create it. Is this the case? If so, I recommend this process as it will help configure your project, and provide things such as a default interface, to help you get started more quickly.

A tutorial on this process can be found here, and the rest of the tutorials on that section should help you get started. Alternatively, a video tutorial covering the fundamentals of 2D game creation can be found here.

• Hello, yes I was following the 2D creation game video.
    I ensure yesterday that my project was on 2D in Settings Manager, but anyway I'll try to do it using the wizard. Thank you.

• Finally the problem it was solved doing in this way.