Forum rules - please read before posting.

Conversation "quiz style"

Hi, i have my npc asking questions and player has every time 3 different dialogue options, like in a quiz.
I don't know if i did it right, but the only way i found is to make different conversations for every 3 options needed by the new question. Not possible to put all options in same conversation, right?

Comments

• You can show/hide options in a Conversation using the Dialogue: Toggle option Action, so you could feasibly have all questions be in a single Conversation and use Actions to shide/hide the relevant questions - but it'd be a more manageable workflow to use separate Conversations for each question.

This needn't involve separate ActionLists for each Conversation, however. The Dialogue: Start conversation Action's Override options? checkbox allows you to create the logic for each option's response with the same ActionList - including the running of other Conversations afterwards.

A pair of tutorials using this method can be found here.

• Yes i'm using "ovveride options" and Conversation dialogue options. Every time i have 3 different options, so it would be not so manageable to use toggle function, would need three action to toggle off and three to turn on new replies

• edited July 2023

The toggling could feasibly be automated through script - options can be shown and hidden by calling the Conversation component's SetOptionState function.

Using separate Conversations for each question, however, would be the easier approach.

• Thanks!