Forum rules - please read before posting.

Screen Resolution Delay

Hi Chris,

I am having a little issue with my Screen Resolution in my options, there is a bit of a delay in the resolution changing, sometimes you need to click through a couple of times. Any reason why this is happening?

This was the feedback given from the QA tester at GOG.

The game starts at 640×480 by default and changing it takes much more time than it should, as there is a significant delay before a resolution can be changed again. Ideally, the game should start in the resolution the same as the desktop. Moreover, changing resolutions should not take minutes. It’s a very basic option that’s supposed to take no longer than a few seconds to set.

Below is my ActionApplyResolution.cs and further down is a folder with screenshots and a video of the issue.

using UnityEngine;
    #if UNITY_EDITOR
    using UnityEditor;
    #endif

namespace AC
    {

[System.Serializable]
        public class ActionApplyResolution : Action
        {
            public override ActionCategory Category { get { return ActionCategory.Engine; }}
            public override string Title { get { return "Apply resolution"; }}

override public float Run ()
            {
                int chosenIndex = GlobalVariables.GetIntegerValue (267); // Replace '0' with your own variable's ID number
                if (chosenIndex >= 0)
                {
                    Resolution chosenResolution = Screen.resolutions [chosenIndex];

Screen.SetResolution (chosenResolution.width, chosenResolution.height, Screen.fullScreen);
                    KickStarter.playerMenus.RecalculateAll ();
                }

bool windowed = GlobalVariables.GetBooleanValue (266);//CHANGE TO WINDOWED/FULLSCREEN VARIABLE
                 Screen.fullScreen = windowed;

return 0f;
            }   
        }
    }

You can see the video here:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/91bzhvbgugyfat6l04t4t/h?rlkey=l62c3eyavjdtyo3w8d544b2yf&dl=0

Thanks Chris!

Comments