Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot Completion

Hi Chris,

I was wondering if you already thought about an hotspot completion system ?
For example, you have one hotspot represented by an icon (white circle for example) and if you do the correct interaction (look for example), the hotspot is considered as completed and the icon can be set to green.

It could be ideal for an adventure game with quests. To represent which objects you already do the correct interaction.

Tell me what do you think about it :)

Comments

• You could do this already by splitting the Cursor icons, e.g. "Look incomplete" and "Look complete".  When you run the interaction the first time, it disables itself and then enables the complete variant.
  • But then you have to do this within every interaction right? disable the "Look incomplete" and enable "look complete" - Then it would be nice to set the hotspot as a Parameter, so that i can call an ActionList (HandleCompleteState) with a hotspot-parameter. So i only need to run this ActionList within every interaction and this ActionList will disable "look incomplete" and enable "look complete".

So i think the suggestion from pysnoo is good.

Or is there an other solution?

• The ability to use parameters in the Hotspot: Change interaction Action is not implemented because problems may arise when using it with Hotspots of different interaction counts.  But, this isn't the first time a request has been made to add it.  I'll think about adding it in 1.42 - but it'll be more a case of "use at your own risk" than I'd like.