Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory shift right/left click texture bug.

edited May 2015 in Engine development
I'm using AC inventory and having an issue with clicking on shift right or shift left buttons.
On enter mouse, the buttons change to highlight textures but nothing happens when you click.

It looks like the click texture appears beneath background and highlight textures of the shift button.

How to fix it and make it work properly?

Using 1.44a AC

Comments

• I don't know if you're talking about the textures of the function of the button not working.

Have you entered the name of the element you want to shift?  Bear in mind you'll also have to limit the number of slots on the inventory element itself, and it'll only shift if it can (if it's not already showing the maximum number of inventory items, it won't shift).

Otherwise, screenshots please.
  • Yes, the textures of the shift buttons not working properly.

What happens is that everything works good.

Except that when you try to click on right shift or left shift buttons,
    the clicked on state texture of the buttons which are slightly darker then the
    normal idle state of the right/left shift buttons are somehow behind other 2
    shift right/left textures (idle one and highlight one).

And it briefly appears when you click, only it is behind other 2
    textures, which are supposed to be invisible when the mouse is down and back
    visible when the mouse is up.

If it all makes sense :)

• edited May 2015
    I can't see anything wrong with it - the highlight texture is supposed to overlay the regular one.  But without screenshots, I really can't picture what you mean exactly.

Be aware that you can always rely on Unity UI instead, if you want complete control over how your buttons animate / display.
  • edited May 2015
    Highlight texture is blocking the pressed one ( the dark one), the pressed texture is right behind the highlight and idle texture. the highlight texture supposed to go invisible when pressed and visible back again.

1. I hover on idle shift right button, highlight texture appears.
    2. I press on the button highlight texture stays and beneath it the pressed texture appears briefly and disappears.
    3. Problem.

The highlight texture overlays the pressed and stays there even if you press on it.

:)
  • I'm not sure that what you're describing is a bug, but rather just how it works: the highlight texture will always show if the cursor is over it: only the click texture will animate.
  • edited May 2015
    Chris, I don't  know how else to describe this bug. I guess I'm just dumb.

I hover on the button, it is highlighted, and it is OK, I press on it, the highlited texture stays on ( with out blinking ) the pressed texture appears briefly beneath the highlight texture that is still visible.

This means the highlight texture blocks all the time the pressed one and you never can see it!

How did I guess it then, cause I changed for bigger overlaping black square pressed texture to check what was going on. And then I saw that overlaping big black square pressed texture appears briefly beneath the highlight texture. While highlight texture always stays visible and thus blocks what is beneath.

The highlight texture always visible at any time while you hover or press, and when you press it still visible and blocks the pressed texture.

I hope you can solve it.

• Please, please take screenshots or send me your Menu.  I honestly want to help, but this is a very visual problem and I just can't advise without seeing what you're describing for myself.
  • Thank you.What files do I need to send?
  • The Menu Manager asset, plus any graphic files that it requires, in a .unityPackage - thanks.