Forum rules - please read before posting.

Subtitles/Dialogue Lines Not Displaying Correctly

Hello, I ran into an issue where my Dialogue lines are not displaying like I want them to. I basically want all dialogue text anchored to the bottom center of the screen. Since dialogue is dynamic and could take up multiple lines, I need the menu to dynamically resize itself to display the necessary lines. I thought by setting the "Auto-adjust Height to fit" flag, this would do what I wanted, however that doesn't seem to do anything. Only the first line of each wrapped text line gets displayed. Here's my menu settings.

I've been digging through the code to find a solution, however due to the code complexity, it's taking up too much of my time. Note that I'm running AC 1.45, and want to avoid upgrading as this will break my code. Any help on the issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Try changing your Size type to Automatic, but it's possible that to get the correct behaviour you'll need to switch to a Unity UI-based Menu instead.  Unity UI will certainly be able to resize itself the way you want, and is easily compatible with AC's Menu Manager - see this tutorial.
  • I tried changing the size to automatic, however some lines get cut off for some reason. Using a Unity based UI like you suggested works though. Thanks for the help!