Forum rules - please read before posting.

character being able to climb stairs

Even your Tin_Pot has difficulties climbing the 2 steps from one room to the next in your 3D tutorial. Now I bought Castle Interior, a big castle (40 €) from Asset Store with plenty of floors and therefore stairs and I want o use my characters to roam around inside. Is there a way to change something that allows the character to climb? It can be done in Unity just using their standard capsule character but I cannot use it as is in AC. Any ideas?

Comments

• Never mind, I think I found the answer by using the UFPS package and I can use it. :))
  • But wait a minute ! I thought I could use Hotspots, Triggers, Dialogs etc used in AC but using the UFPS I don't have any of these is this possible?
  • ... and I have followed to the letter the tutorial "Integrating with Ultimate UFPS"
  • When using standard AC, you can replace the Rigidbody + Capsule Collider for a Character Controller, which is better for slopes.

Hotspots, Triggers and the rest will still work if you are using UFPS.  Have you tried the UFPS prefabs from the downloads page?
  • Yes it is much better now.

I did download and use the download page you are referring but I missed reloading the UFPS package.

Only problem now is that when running the scene the windows cursor is blinking constant blinking as if it was being removed for some reason. I have used Context sensitive and 'Choose Hotspot then Interactions' and the moment I click at the hotspot the cursor gets out of the screen. In other words The cursor is acting on its own. I have also toggle between Lock cursor on and off but I don't seem to have full control.

I must be missing something 

•  I have now the UFPS package plus your downloaded character Camera&Controller (from the download page you refer above)  which includes the Player script BUT WITHOUT ANY animation settings (Mecanim, etc) and there is no Animator script either. So how do I do the things I had configured with Mecanim (kick, death, open-door,..) Now the only thing I can do with the Camera&Controller is Jump , not even Crouch.

There must be some things that have to be added or removed to accomplish what I could do with my character and Mecanim. Please help me clear the  confusion I have with this combination (UFPS)

• The cursor flashing issue, I believe, only occurs in the editor.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, though.

For animations that work with UFPS, I would say the best method would be to ignore AC's way of doing things and configure them for UFPS (how that is, exactly, I don't know - that's a UFPS workflow issue).
  • Frankly speaking I am never going to do  a shooting game , just stealth games, so what do I need UFPS for?

I just wanted a character that is easily climbing a few stairs in the big castle I bought and  I'd rather do without UFPS and continue using AC exclusively.

Just downloading the Camera&Controller is not a solution because then I need the scripts from UFPS. So please ALL I NEED is a bit more flexible? jumpier?  or can you recommend  what I have to add to my presently existing characters such as girl and  guy from Wharf or Tin_Pot or from any of my RawMocap ones. I wouldn't mind spending some money in that type of solution after all I've spend 40€ in the Castle !!

• It's solved. I have followed your suggestion a couple of messages back to eliminate the Rigidbody and the Capsule collider and use the Character Controller instead. I only had to adjust the sizes of the Capsule Collider so that she is 'floating' a couple of cm. above floor level