Forum rules - please read before posting.

REQUEST: 2.5D Projection mapping option

This sounds strange maybe, but I cant find a solution with the standard Unity projectors. Like in the book of Unwritten Tales, they project their rendered image onto low poly 3D geometry. This is exactly what I need. There is some stuff in the Github but it is or outdated or is missing scripts. So, @ChrisIceBox, what do you think? I dont know how hard this is to implement, and I understand that it is really strange I cant find anything on the asset store (except an outdated pack of 580 euro) and since Adventure Creator is THE tool for making these kind of games, I thought it would really fit as a new 2.5D projection style option. What do you think?

Comments

• edited October 2015
    I would have thought this would be best done in a separate 3D package, actually.  Blender, for example, could do this quite easily - there're many tutorials out there on how to use it for that.

I believe @deroesi is also using projection mapping in his game - perhaps he has some advice on this topic.
  • Nah, I already spoke with him about it personally and he doesnt know either, except for the ways how you use it in an engine and then export it into Unity, but I cant find the hang of it yet unfortunately in Unity.
  • I still think it's a general 3D topic, since once you've created a model with a texture importing to Unity should be simple.  Have you seen this tutorial?
  • I actually didn''t Chris, thank you very much, I am going to have a look!
  • Thank you very much Chris @ChrisIceBox, this saved my day! However it is still strange I couldnt find it by myself on Youtube, the stranger it is since Blender Guru, Jonathan Price is very famous for his tutorials.
  • I've been using a similar technique lately as well (turning 2D scenes from Technobabylon into 3D ones), and I can safely say that Blender's all you need for that!
  • Thanks, it is already solved for sometime.