Forum rules - please read before posting.

New Cursor Animation to use with Interactions

Hi

I have created a new Cursor named "Take" on AC game Editor tab "Cursor"

This Cursor is an animation Frames : 3 Row :1 Columns : 3 and use a new Texture(sprite2D)

which have three sub images for animation.

Then I create a new "use interaction" on HotSpot (script) named "Take"

My Hotspot script has now Three Use interactions (Use, Look At, take)

When i play the game and click on the Hotspot, i see only Use and Look At images but not my animation (Take)

Do I miss something?

Comments

• Cursors can be displayed in two ways: as mouse pointers, or as icons within an Interaction menu.

What is your "Interaction method" set to, in the Settings Manager?  If you're using "Choose Interaction Then Hotspot", then it's likely that your cursors are placed in a menu.  If that's the case, you will need to add your new cursor as an icon in your Interaction Menu.

Click on the "Menu" tab, and find the Menu named "Interaction".  There, you'll see icons for the default Icons - Use, Look and Talk to.  Just duplicate one, and set it's Cursor to Take.
  • Hi
    My settings for "Interaction method" was set to "Context Sensitive" in settings manager.
    If i choose only one use interaction(Take) the animation is working fine.

If I change to "Chose interaction then hotspot" nothing happen (i get only the main walking cursor with the Hotspot label on the hotspot)

If I change  to "Choose Hotspot Then Interaction" I have all my uses cursors working (Use,Talk,Look,Take but the size of my "Take" cursor is lager 'steched). Note that this is an animated texture (1 row 3 column 32 x96)
    I have duplicate the "use" cursor in "Menu" tab and renamed to take.
  • You can only display one "Use" interaction icon when in Context Sensitive mode - since it's purpose is to allow a streamlined interface.

To have the option of Use, Look and Take for the Hotspot, you have to switch to either of the other two.

Choose Interaction Then Hotspot allows you to cycle between the different cursors by right-clicking.

Choose Hotspot Then Interaction brings up a Menu, as you've seen.  However, as your icon is a different size to the others, you'll have to manually set the icon's size in the Menu Manager.  Have the Game window open while editing it (and have "Test in Game Window?" checked at the top) so that you can preview how the Menu will look during gameplay.
  • Ok
    Thank's for your prompt reply . That's working:)

I notice that if i use "Single Use interaction'" on Hotspot,the size of the picture is smaller than if iI do not check that option. Is that normal?
  • Yes - you're then relying on the cursor size you define in the Cursor Manager, as opposed to the icon size you define in the Menu Manager.
  • edited October 2015
    Hi!
    I'm having the same problem but doesn't works this solution.

- I have the Icon created in Cursor Panel. Now I can choose "Take" in Use Interaction into Hotspot.
    - I have "Choose hotspot the interaction". I add a new Interaction element (duplicate Use) in Menu->Interaction panel and rename as "Take".

Then, when I play the game, the Cursor "Use" disappears and "Take" don't appears, I can only use "Look At" action. 

I have found that when I duplicate an Interaction element, the "Recorded ConstantID" is the same. 
    Could this be causing the error?

Thanks!

• Could well be.  If you're using Unity UI as your Interaction menu's source, then you'll also need to add the icon as a new button in your Unity UI prefab.

Drag the InteractionUI canvas into your scene, add a new "Take" button, assign it in your Menu Manager, apply the changes to the prefab and delete.
  • Perfect! It's solved.

Thanks!
  • Yes that's solved but did you remove :Use Single Interaction in last version 1.49 for HotSpot Script?
  • No.  Check your Interaction method in your Settings Manager - that's what controls whether it should be shown or not.
  • Ok Iteraction method has been Changed to " Context Sensitive"
    It must be in "Hotspot and Interaction"
    Thanks a lot for prompt reply
    :)