Forum rules - please read before posting.

A few requests

Hi Chris,

I'm now at the stage where I'm creating customisable options for the player, and using AC's menu system is greatly helping with that, but there are a few things which I think would be very useful:

- Being able to link variables to both PlayMaker and Player Prefs. I have some instances where the options are taken care of by PM (such as changing component properties), but I also want to record them into Player Prefs. I'm currently handling the Prefs in PM but it would be far easier and quicker if AC could take care of that.
- In Menu, being able to run an action list on slider interaction. I've created a mouse sensitivity slider, but in order to actually apply the changes, I need a separate "apply" button that then runs an action list (and ultimately a PM event). However, since the built-in audio sliders update the volume in real-time, having this disparity between the two slider types is odd: one requires an apply, the other doesn't. If I could run an action list as the slider is updated, this would negate the problem.
- Also with the Menu sliders, it would be useful to be able to define a float range, rather than being limited to 0-1.0f. For example, my mouse sensitivity should range from 0.1-4.0f. I'm handling the adjustments in PlayMaker, but again, it would be far easier if I could do it all through the AC system, and just pass a single value to PM to enact the changes on the Ultimate FPS component.

Lastly, and this is more of a question than a request: how would I access AC's settings through PlayMaker (or, ideally, through AC's menu system)? Specifically, I'd like to give the player the option to toggle "Disable free-aim when moving Draggables and PickUps", but I may want to add more options later.

Thanks as always!

Comments

• PlayMaker / PlayerPrefs variables
    I don't see this happening, because of the need to know which source takes priority.  However, you can always create two variables: one linked to PM, one linked to PlayerPrefs, and use the Variable: Copy Action to transfer their values.

Menu slider improvements
    Yes, I'd agree with those.

Changing settings
    You can access the Settings Manager at runtime by calling:

AC.KickStarter.settingsManager

The variables/functions available to you within it are available here.
  • Aha, okay you make a lot of sense with regards to the variables. I'll do just that.

Awesome!

Perfect, I'll take some time and dig around in the scripting guide and create some custom actions for PlayMaker. I suppose I'll need to do so sooner or later, might as well figure it out now!