Forum rules - please read before posting.

Combining AC with existing project

I'm looking to use AC 2D to create an intro to my existing 3D adventure game. 

My game is fairly far along, while it's my first game, it works quite well and I don't think I'll be migrating the assets to use AC 3D. 

Are there things I should look out for when trying to combine the 2D AC engine with my existing game? I don't want to import AC the normal way as it appears to want to make changes to my project settings. Essentially all I need is to treat this intro as its own little mini game before the main game starts.

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• If you opt to not import the project settings, then all can see the Manual's Section 1.1 for a guide on how to make the necessary changes manually.  AC will also display warnings in the Console advising you of any changes it needs if you run an AC game without them.

If you're using v1.49a, then AC should be able to "detect" whether or not you're coming into / out of an AC scene, and should disable itself automatically.  You can also force AC off at any time by following the steps in this tutorial.
  • Thank you Chris!