Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scaling interaction menu icons.

How do I make icons in the Interactions Menu scale according to the device screen size? I tried two approaches:

1. Button Size: Automatic. Problem: It seems that this uses the actual cursor icon pixel size. So, the same icon looks too large or too small on different displays.

2. Button Size: Manual. Problem: This changes aspect ratio of the icon depending on the screen size.

Comments

• im not 100% confident of this, but changing it from software to use gfx card might work ?

• Thanks. Tried Cursor Rendering: Hardware. Unfortunately, that made no difference.
  • The Cursor rendering option only affects icons when used as mouse cursors - not those used in Menus.

Leave the Button's Size on Manual, but change the Size of the Menu it's inside to Automatic.  However, for best results you should consider switching to Unity UI-based Menus, as they handle screen scaling etc much better.  A tutorial on linking Unity UI to AC Menus can be found here.
  • >> Leave the Button's Size on Manual, but change the Size of the Menu it's inside to Automatic

This is what I currently have. I'm going to try the Unity UI solution.

Quick question: Does the new menu have to be called Interaction, or it's possible to give it a different name and change some AC settings so that it works as a true Interactions menu?
  • There's no requirement on what a Menu's name is - how it behaves is determined by it's "Appear type" property.