Forum rules - please read before posting.

I need Icon + Name Inventory item style

Hi Chris,
Im pretty sure that this option was avaliable in AC before , but now I can not find it anywhere...
(I can either have only Icons/or only names of items in Inventory)
:/
Is it possible to have inventory items presented by icon but + names (after cursor is over them ?).

I will be verry thankfull if You aim me where to find this option.

Thanks
Wojciech

Comments

• Displaying Icons and Text together (within the same Menu) is a new option in v1.55, but only available for Unity UI-sourced Menus.  Otherwise, it's the Hotspot Menu that actually shows the name of whatever item the cursor is hovering over - see the 3D Demo game.
  • So it is imposible to have labels (names on items only in inventory? - easy way at the moment ? [some simple check box maybe ? somwhere ?] ).

I need item names inside of inventory, but I dont want them all over the place (on hotspots).

Maybe there will be option like that in AC 1.56 ?

:)

I guess its quite difficult to make custom inventory, and im not a coder :/
    (Guess it can be handy for other devs as well.).

Thanks!
    W

• edited November 2016
    No, using UGUI doesn't require any coding knowledge, specially if you are using AC, as  AC takes care of giving functionality to the UI. But using UGUI does requires you to know how to put together an UGUI menu. All you have to do is learn. Check the unity tutorials about Unity GUI (there are also tons of tutorial series on youtube about it). Unity menus take longer to setup but you can do almost any design you want, artistically or otherwise. So I advice that you learn how to make them anyway.
  • As I said, you can place Inventory names and icons in Unity UI-sourced Menus.  You can find a tutorial on creating an Inventory menu in Unity UI here.