Forum rules - please read before posting.

2d Camera crossfade (minor bug)

I've found a few minor bugs. I've find way to avoid them, but maybe they are worth attention.
They appeared in a 2d game environment.

2dCamera crossfade fizzle
I've 2 locations in the same scene, each of them with its 2dcamera. I can switch from one to the other. Let's call them BlueRoomCam and GreenRoomCam.
I sometime use the Camera Fade Out and Camera Fade In actions to show the passing of time.

This progression of action raises a bug:
Starts with BlueRoomCam -> CameraCrossFade (transition time 0) to GreenRoomCam -> Camera Fade Out.

The bug: when I fade Out the camera it switches for a second to the starting camera (BlueRoomCam) it fades out and then it fades in back again to the right camera (GreenRoomCam).

This bugs doesn't show if I set the transition time to 1.

Comments

• I don't know why you would set a crossdfade time to 0.

If you want an instant cut between cameras then you can set CameraSwitch to 0.

I don't think this is so much a bug as you are trying to fade between two cameras in 0 time, which isn't really possible is it?
  • edited August 2014
    Yes. I don't want to corssfade time 0. It's not a thing I need.

To be clear the bug is not raised when I switch the camera it's raised after when I fade out.

I was doing the following:
    - Switch camera, crossfade time set to 0. -> it works.
    - I Fade Out the camera -> this raises the bug: the camera switches for a second to the previous camera (and then switch back to the current camera). I don't know why.

I solved doing the following (and I prefer this solution):
    - Switch camera, crossafade set to 1 -> it works.
    - I fade out the camera -> it works.

I surely prefer the second option. And I don't need this to be solved.
    I'm just reporting, maybe it could be related to other more important things. Or maybe it's just a very minor bug.
  • And this happens even when using the Camera: Switch Action, rather than Crossfade?
  • edited August 2014
    No. The switch doesn't raise the bug (btw, I changed the title of this thread to avoid confusion).

If I use the Camera: Switch Action (with transition time set to 0) it works correctly.

Just to be sure I retried that with the Camera Crossfade (transition time set to 0) and the issue is still there.
  • Fixed for 1.38.
  • ooh, so the teasers for 1.38 have begun! Any time soon?
  • edited August 2014
    What the deuce- double post?