Forum rules - please read before posting.

Displaying icon and name in inventory without doubling up on numbers

Hi Chris,

Is there a way to display icon and name without duplicating number of items. i.e. I have added two elements in my containers - one for my icon and one for the name of the container/inventory item - but then I'm stuck with two displays of the number of items.

Comments

• The Display type property in an InventoryBox element can be set to Icon And Text.  It is only compatible with Unity UI-based Menus, however.  A tutorial on converting an Inventory menu to Unity UI can be found here.
  • Thanks for that, but at this stage changing all of my container and inventory UI will be too much work. Is there a script where I can just delete the number of items displayed for a 'text only' container or default box type? If you could point me in the direction of the script(s) my programmer could make the change.
  • The item count is added to the label within the MenuInventoryBox script's PreDisplay method.
  • Hi Chris, we have managed to remove the number of items from the text display, but not the number from the icon. Any tips are very welcome?
  • As in, the cursor icon when selected?  That's performed in RuntimeInventory's DrawInventoryCount method.
  • Great, thanks Chris!