Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sprites Unity Complex - Head Turn - Animation Questions

Hi!

I somehow managed to lock myself out of my old account... Anyway...

I'm finally having a go at putting together all 8 directional animations and using head turns. I've separated all heads from bodies but I'm stuck. My head walk cycles have hair movement so I need all 24 frames added to the animation but I'm struggling. I've created for example, Walk_D for the body but how do I add the head animations? It may be because I'm trying to overwrite the Brain prefab as I'm practicing, but the head just seems to bob about wherever it wants to. Is there a set of instructions to follow please, as I just can't get my head (pardon the pun) round it. Just needs to be bullet points as I understand the basics of the animator.

For example:

Create Empty Game Object, name it 'Player Name'
Add Idle sprite as child
Add head idle sprites as children
Create animation clips for walk cycles... etc

If I've got a clear brief list of things I need to do I think I'll be ok. Even if at various parts it says 'refer to 2d demo Walk blend tree for layout.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Have you been through the "2D head animation examples" on the Downloads page?  If not, they should have you covered as independent head turning / correct head placement etc is all covered in it.  The "Head turning" chapter of the Manual also covers additional points.

If you've been through this and still need advice, let me know - but see if those resources are of help first.

Regarding your account, PM me if you'd like to see about getting back into it.