Forum rules - please read before posting.

"Reset character expression with each line" no longer working for Mecanim Characters?

Unity 2017.3.1f1, AC 1.63.0

I'm fairly certain that this was working fine until recently, but I suddenly noticed my player character's face retained its last blendshape expression after finishing a piece of dialogue containing an [expression:xxx] token

I have "Reset character expression with each line" set to true in the Speech Manager, and the player character has the appropriate Shapeable component attached (as well as RememberShapeable), and an integer Expression field in its animator, and the correct expressions are being displayed during dialogues, it's just that they're not being reset when the dialogue ends

A quick test shows that  "Reset character expression with each line" works ok for the Brain character, but he's using legacy animations, whereas my character is using Mecanim, so I'm guessing that's the culprit somehow?

Comments

• As a p.s. I've fixed this (fingers crossed) for the time being in my current game, by the simple expedient of  invoking the Shapeable Component's "DisableAllKeys" function, called from an OnStopSpeech event, in my own expression handler
  • Having the expression reset only when a new speech line begins is more aligned with the wording of the option, so the latest update made this change.  As this was also related to an issue when expressions are displayed via portrait graphics, it was listed as a "Fix" rather than a "Change" in the upgrade notes - apologies.

Resetting the expressions via OnStopSpeech is way to go.  Rather than affecting the Shapeable component, however, you can just call:

• To be honest I'd always assumed that "with each line" meant "after each line ends", rather than "retain until the next line starts", but no problem, I'll simply make my temporary fix permanent (but using ClearExpression() as you suggested)