Forum rules - please read before posting.

How would I add a 3rd interaction type which can be triggered in a c# script?

edited June 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hello,

I'm making quite a different interaction system in my game which is more about physics and collisions, rather than ray casting. The game is therefore using c# scripts in order to detect collisions and the like.

The game calls for three main actions; 'use', 'look at', and 'talk to'. Each of these are different projectiles.

I've managed to get the 'use' and 'look at' actions covered by using RunUseInteraction() &
RunExamineInteraction() respectively in the scripts. Awesome.

How would I go about adding the 'talk to' interaction, and more importantly, being able to trigger it in a c# script?

In my most ideal world I'd have a 'Talk To interaction' listed in the inspector to make the holy trinity of interactions. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Tem

Comments

• edited June 2018
    So far as the Hotspot Inspector goes, the Examine type is a special case that allows a simple way to have an "alternative" use interaction by right-clicking.

To have multiple interaction types, you want to instead create multiple Use Interactions - each with a different "Cursor / icon" value.

The "Use" Interaction type is not the same as the "Use" cursor - it can be associated with any icon you define in the Cursor Manager.

To run the "Use" Interaction associated with a given cursor icon, use that icon's ID number when calling the Hotspot's RunUseInteraction method.
  • edited June 2018
    Thanks @ChrisIceBox, got it working! So starting at 0, each of those interactions has a id (based on the cursor manager).

Slowly learning :)

Thanks,
    Tem