Forum rules - please read before posting.

Single-use interaction clears selected interaction?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Please don't double-post.  It does for me.  Let's see your Hotspot Inspector.
  • Sorry, I was trying to further clarify and edit post wasn't available. Here's my hotspot Insp:
  • As with all others, the "default" is considered to be the first - swap the interactions around.
  • Exactly, I was expecting him to walk to the marker with right-click, as per the Thimbleweed Park example whereby the default interaction is the walk to. This is how the scumm games operate as well, if look at was the top interaction, he should have walked to marker and run the look at, but with walk to at the top, it should be effectively as if left and right buttons work the same, but walk to marker and run the scene change.
    • if look at was the top interaction, he should have walked to marker and run the look at
    Is that not both what it does, and what you're looking for?
  • If walk to is at the top, I want walk to to be the default function that runs during right click, and if look at was at the top, I would want look at to be the default verb that runs when you right click. Neither work currently, nothing happens if I right click. Is it because I still have that line commented out that you suggested to stop clearing hover?
  • edited October 2018
    Could be - try it.  The intended behaviour you're describing is exactly how it behaves for me.

I'm also assuming that by "right-click" you're referring to the DefaultInteraction input, which you've just mapped to RMB.
  • edited November 2018
    Thanks to the nine-verb update, the right-click default and left-click default is working nicely. I'm also trying to make it possible so that if an undefined interaction for a hotspot is chosen, it runs the default interaction; ie: if you chose pick-up or talk-to and click an auto-walk to hotspot, the player should still walk to the marker and run the interaction. Is it possible to have this happen as well?

Here's what happens: https://gfycat.com/BitterInfantileLeafbird
  • I will have a see.
  • Running an unhandled interaction should be fine - you've got Single 'Use' Interaction? unchecked?

You can't make use of the "Player action" etc fields unless an Interaction is defined, however.
  • I've made unhandled cursor interactions, and that just runs them (dialog saying "I can't pick that up" when I puck-up the exit to a door). There are only definable unhandled inventory interactions rather than verbs on hotspots, how could this be done as the video exemplifies? What are "player action" fields and how should I defined the interaction?
  • At the bottom of your list of icons in the Cursor Manager, check Pass Hotspot as GameObject parameter?.  If your unhandled cursor interactions then feature a GameObject parameter, it'll be set to the clicked Hotspot when they run.

You can therefore add a Character: Move to point and Character: Face object Actions to have the character move/face this parameter, and at runtime it'll reference the Hotspot.
  • edited November 2018
    Thanks, it still plays the dialogue that says "I can't use/talkto/pickup that" and he doesn't auto exit the scene, he just walks to point, faces and says the unhandled dialogue?
  • That's exactly what you were asking for, as I understood it.
  • Hi can you help me achieve the same?
    I do not want that single-use replace previous action if chosen.
    The links are no longer working.

• Welcome to the community, @gauchogames.

As this is an old thread, I don't believe I still have the script - but it's likely the code or steps would be different with the latest AC anyway.

Much of the SCUMM-like behaviour discussed here has been merged into the "Nine-verbs template" over on the Downloads page. Can you detail exactly what the issue is, and what you're trying to achieve?

• Hi Chris! Thanks! and yes! the nine-verbs template was the solution!