Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot interaction "sub-menu"

Hello. I have an interaction question.

I'm going with "Choose Hotspot Then Interaction" as the means to interact, but because I'm using magic as part of the way the player character interacts, there's a danger the pop-up menu will become cluttered with too many spell icons. Is there a way to click on one of the icons (a magic icon, say) and have this launch a secondary list of choices?

Comments

• You can make a button element in a menu, which can trigger an actionList, which can trigger another menu.

• Thank you. I'll see if I can get that to work.

• Yes - each Interaction icon in a Menu is a separate element, so you can separate different icons into multiple menus.

However, if you are opting to limit what icons are shown based on the Hotspot clicked on, you'll have to manually call the Menu's MatchInteractions function before turning it on so that the proper icons are shown:

Hotspot targetHotspot = PlayerMenus.GetMenuWithName ("MyFirstMenu").TargetHotspot;
    PlayerMenus.GetMenuWithName ("MyOtherMenu").MatchInteractions (targetHotspot, false);

• Thanks. It may be dumb of me, but where do I put that?

• If placed in a function inside a custom script that's added to a prefab, you can call it with the Object: Call event Action.

• I've decided to go with different inventories.