Forum rules - please read before posting.

Load a saved game using Unity UI

Hey!
I am using your asset, and I am just working on implementing the main menu in my game. I created the basic main menu using the UNITY UI system, and now I would really like to make these buttons work. I mainly have a problem with a LOAD GAME button.

Can you please help me?
Wolf Flare

Comments

• What's the exact problem that you actually have? Screenshots and detail are necessary to give anything more than general advice.

When faced with a Unity UI Menu-related issue, it's recommended to first temporarily switch the Source back to Adventure Creator and test again. If it then work, it's an issue with the way Unity UI is integrated. If not, it's likely down to the Menu's properties in the Menu Manager.

To have a button open the Load menu, set its Click type to either Crossfade and set the Menu to switch to to Load, or set it to Run Action List and define an ActionList that uses a pair of Menu: Change state Actions to turn off the original menu and turn on the Load menu.

Tutorials on creating a main menu can be found here.

A tutorial on linking Unity UI to AC's Menu system can be found here. See also the Manual's "Unity UI menus" for a guide on using Unity UI with AC.