Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC for Microstories Visual Novel with microgames things (a Surreal Horror Wario ware with VN) 1

Hi! Anyone knows if Adventure Creator is useful for that? i will leave the examples below.
My idea is making a lot of micro horror stories (1 minute of gameplay each one) based in decisions and that give you an ending for itself. And i dont know what engine is good at this, but AC seems capable. Im in doubt between AC, Visionaire Studio, Fungus for Unity or Renpy.

And if AC is useful... Anyone have a tutorial or "routes" that can help me to make that Visual Novel + Point n Click random Microgames without problem in VS? This question is because the tutorials in general are of Point and Click with player movement and i dont want that, i want First Person with no movement, like a Visual Novel, and that are random microstories, like a super fast LSD Dream Emulator.
And another questions...

1.- Can you animate the background with this? or it supports only static backgrounds?

2.- AC support that idea of random micro stories that appear with random rate? like LSD Dream Emulator

3.- AC supports microgames? like Drag some food to animals, or select things in order.

PD: I´m mainly a Music Composer and an Artist hehehe, not a programmer.

Thanks! And that videos are a clear view of what i want to do

Sorry my bad english, i´m a spanish speaker

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Discordia104.

AC should certainly be capable of achieving what's shown in the videos. "2D first person" games are essentially standard 2D games that don't feature a Player character on-screen. The presence of a Player in your game is totally optional. The videos only seem to feature point-and-click mechanics and Conversations. A tutorial specifically on the latter can be found here.

I'd still recommend going through AC's 2D game tutorial, as many of the features such as Hotspots, Inventory, Conversations etc, apply to all game types - but you can skip over the chapters on Player creation and movement. It may still be worth going through fully, however, in case you want other characters (NPCs) in your game.

Can you animate the background with this? or it supports only static backgrounds?

Yes. AC relies on Unity's rendering and animation systems, which support this. Using Unity's Animator system, background sprites can be animated. If you're new to Unity, I would recommend having a try with this without AC or any other plugin, before looking to add another asset into your project.

AC support that idea of random micro stories that appear with random rate? like LSD Dream Emulator

For random elements, the Variable: Check random number Action (part of AC's visual-scripting system) lets you run different logic based on the output of a random number, so it's possible to have this result in switching to different scenes at random - with each scene being a separate scenario.

AC supports microgames? like Drag some food to animals, or select things in order.

It really depends on how broadly you define "microgame", but drag-and-drop inventory is supported, as is the use of variables to keep track of Player progress. Variables are at the core of you're game's logic, and can be used to e.g. record which thing you last selected, so that it knows how to react if you then click something else.

For some examples on how to create e.g. a "safe code" puzzle - i.e. click buttons in the right order - see these threads:

http://www.adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/6272/create-puzzle
    http://www.adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/5145/puzzle-type
    http://www.adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/550/need-help-with-coded-lock