Forum rules - please read before posting.

adventure point click movie clips pc game help

Hi..

I bought adventure creator but thought it wasn't that complicated. I thought it was similar to the old adventure maker.
if you can help me i would appreciate it

I intend to make an adventure game, based only on movie clips and images. Also with inventory and frame-to-frame passing. Static, only based on hotspots and click, no characters walking around.

I would appreciate if you could explain it to me, or can give me an example, how to create two frames, if I learn with two I will be able to do the rest..

in each frame:

• hotspot playing a video inside
  • a hotspot where with a click it switches to the other frame
  • a hotspot that adds item to inventory
  • a hotspot that is only activated when I have a certain item in my inventory
  • a hoptspot that removes all or only some items from the inventory

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @antarcite.

If you're new to AC and looking for some guides on getting up and running with basic game logic, there are two resources in particular that I recommend:

• The Interactivity section of the Tutorials page, which covers the basics of interactions and Hotspot/Inventory usage.
    • The "Puzzle template: Simple examples" package on the Downloads page, which demonstrates these basics with pre-made scenes.

hotspot playing a video inside

MovieClip assets are handled by Unity via its Video Player component, but they can be controlled on the AC side of things with the Engine: Play movie clip Action.

I'm not sure how you mean to make the video interactive with the Hotspot, but you can use this Action inside your Hotspot's "Use" interaction to change which video is playing.

a hotspot where with a click it switches to the other frame

By "other frame", you mean to change a Hotspot's sprite? For that, it's best to use animation. If your Hotspot's sprite has an Animator component attached, you can create two animations for each of the two frames you want it to show. Your Hotspot's "Use" interaction can control the animation state by using an Object: Animate Action to affect the Animator component - either by changing a pre-defined Animator parameter value, or by calling the intended animation state by name.

Unlike other standalone adventure engine's you may have used in the past, AC is a toolkit atop an existing application - so things like animation and video are handled by Unity, with AC providing Actions to control their playback. If you're new to Unity, I'd recommend going through some of their tutorials that cover these topics.

The "Puzzle template: Simple examples" package I mention above, however, does also include this technique in its "Key and lock" example scene.

a hotspot that adds item to inventory

Inventory items can be defined in AC's Inventory Manager. To add an item to the Inventory at runtime, run the Inventory: Add or remove Action. This Action can be placed inside a Hotspot's "Use" interaction to have it run when clicked on.

a hotspot that is only activated when I have a certain item in my inventory

You can use the Inventory: Check Action to determine if the player is carrying a specific item. If you want to have your Hotspot react differently based on this, you can place this as the first Action in that Hotspot's "Use" interaction.

If you want to instead have your Hotspot only be interactive if this the case, you can instead run this Action when the scene initialises. This can be done by defining an "On Start" cutscene at the top of the Scene Manager, which will run when the scene begins. To have the result of this Action either turn on, or off, the Hotspot, you can follow this Action with a pair of Hotspot: Enable or disable Actions.

a hoptspot that removes all or only some items from the inventory

The Inventory: Add or remove Action can be used to remove items from the player's inventory.