Forum rules - please read before posting.

different types of hotspots

Hotspot attributes are mostly set up in the menu manager under "Hotspot".  How do I make a different set of hotspots that work differently.  For example, a different background texture or a different set of elements.  

More specifically, where in AC is the link between the individual hotspot components and the settings in the menu manager, and how can this me modified?

Comments

• There are two things that link it:
    • The Hotspot menu's Appear type is set to On Hotspot - so that is displays when the mouse hovers over a Hotspot
    • The label element's Label type is set to Hotspot - so that the text is always the name of the active Hotspot

To change the display of a Hotspot menu mid-game, you can either create an alternative one and lock/unlock them as needed using the Menu: Change state Action, or by modifying it through script.

Menu class

Label class

PlayerMenus.GetMenuWithName ()

PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName ()

• Thanks for the info. More specifically, I would like to have multiple types of hotspots in the same scene.

From your example, some have labels, others have a certain background image, etc.  All active at the same time.

How would you have different looking hotspots to open a door or talk to a character?

I imagined that somehow in scene manager, you might have: 
    "Hotspot"
    "Hotspot_Label"
    "Hotspot_Special"

So I create a hotspot and link it to one of these types of hotspots.  There doesn't seem to any exposed option in the individual hotspot script itself which would point it to a specific item in the menu manager.
    Or from the other side in the menu manager, "On Hotspot" seems to affect any element with a hotspot script, so theres nothing there to specify elements with a certain tag for example.
  • The Hotspot menu is designed to be only displayed one at a time.  It sounds like you want a very customised interface - so for that, I would recommend integrating a custom solution.

Have a look inside the Hotspot class to see what variables you want to grab (e.g. it's name).  You can get the currently-active Hotspot with the following:

AC.KickStarter.playerInteraction.GetActiveHotspot ();