Forum rules - please read before posting.

This AC Menu Build Video Resource: Valid or Convoluted

I'm new so I may not recognize a good video tutorial from one showcasing bad practices.
I'm looking to avoid forming bad habits (and walking into against unnecessary obstacles of frustration down the line).

This video outlines the steps in creating a custom character dialogue display system (portrait, speech bubbles, etc.)

I have learned from this video. I also have concerns over 'possible rigidity' of the workflow (because I don't know what I don't know).

Is the process in this two part video series representative of a recommended Adventure Creator Workflow?
Does this translate well to interactive conversations (as opposed to cutscene style information dumps)?

Two Part Video Series:
1.) Prep Work & Building Separated Graphics
2.) Adventure Creator Custom Dialogue Menu Setup

Comments

• edited March 15

They aren't official tutorials - they're certainly well-made, but I'd recommend sticking to the official ones or asking here if you're concerned about best practices.

For interactive conversations, AC's Conversation system allows you to present the player with a list of options to choose from. A series of tutorials on this feature can be found here.

On mention of "speech bubbles": a ready-made Speech Bubble template is available over on the Downloads page, though it requires TextMesh Pro to be first installed.

• Thank you Chris,

Your tutorials are always helpful and each one is appreciated, genuinely.
    I'm currently downloading and going through the sample templates, one by one, to gain first hand experience and education from what you've already created.